Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Star World

I went to a planetarium one day
To visit the stars and the Milky Way,
To see the Orion's Belt, and the Big Dipper too,
And to meet the glowing stars along with their crew.

The stars gleamed like diamonds against an ocean of black
As I looked up at the ceiling to the sides, front and the back,
Impossible to count the stars for there were many
Except the black hole, where I didn't find any.

Taurus, the Bull and Cassiopeia, the Queen
Were part of the night sky I had never seen,
Constellations of Sagittarius and Gemini, the Twins
All made up of stars like the heads of tiny pins.

No matter which way I look up in the sky
I could see stars throughout the corners of each eye,
The Signs of the Zodiac were this way and that,
Shooting stars were right above me, over the seat where I sat.

I went to a planetarium that day
To visit the stars and the Milky Way,
Now when I look at the night from my room,
I see lots more than just the stars and the Moon...

No comments: